Global Payments Integrated (formerly OpenEdge Payments, LLC) is an American company providing financial technology services via payment processing integration. Headquartered in Lindon, Utah, Global Payments Integrated is a subsidiary of Global Payments whose stock is a component of the S&P 500 stock market index.
Global Payments Integrated provides payment processing services to merchants, allowing them to accept credit and debit cards, along with other payment types (this role is known as a merchant acquirer). In return, they receive a percentage of the transaction value (usually about 1-2% for credit cards). They provide these services both directly to merchants, and indirectly through other financial organizations. Global Payments Integrated also develops new software for clients to better integrate with existing systems.
Global Payments Integrated’s parent organization is a Fortune 1000 company.
In October 2012, Global Payments acquired the smaller Accelerated Payment Technologies for $413 million.
In January 2015, it bought Payment Processing (also known as PayPros), a California company, for $420 million. Accelerated Payment Technologies and PayPros operated under the new name of OpenEdge.
In 2018, Global Payments completed acquisition of AdvancedMD – a partner of OpenEdge Payments.
On May 28, 2019, Global Payments announced a $21.5 billion merger with TSYS. The merger is expected to trigger a Federal Trade Commission investigation. OpenEdge Payments’s role in the merger is unclear at this time.
- ^“Global Payments To Buy Medical Software Provider AdvancedMD for $700 Million”. Digital Transactions. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- ^“OpenEdge”. LinkedIn. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- ^“US SEC: Form 10-K Global Payments Inc”. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- ^ Jump up to:ab “‘We expect the skyline to change’ — Utah County’s tech boom is fueling new growth in Lindon”. Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- ^“Global Payments”. Fortune.
- ^CNBC (2012-10-02). “Global Payments closes on APT acquisition”. CNBC. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- ^Whiteman, Lou (2014-01-24). “Global Payments Swipes Smaller Rival”. TheStreet. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- ^“Global Payments Completes Acquisition of AdvancedMD”. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- ^“Global Payment Merger with Total System”.