Mixpanel is a business analytics service company. It tracks user interactions with web and mobile applications and provides tools for targeted communication with them.
Its toolset contains in-app A/B tests and user survey forms. Data collected is used to build custom reports and measure user engagement and retention. Mixpanel works with web applications, in particular SaaS, but also supports mobile apps.
Mixpanel was founded by Suhail Doshi and Tim Trefren in 2009 and is based in San Francisco, California. It is backed by Y Combinator, and its list of investors includes Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois.
In April 2018, founder and CEO Suhail Doshi announced he would step down and become chairman of the board. He was replaced as CEO by Amir Movafaghi.
- ^“Mixpanel Adds Mobile A/B Testing To Its Analytics Platform”. TechCrunch. Aug 27, 2011.
- ^“Andreessen and Mixpanel Call for an End to “Bullshit Metrics””. AllThingsD. Dec 17, 2012.
- ^“Mixpanel profile on CrunchBase”. CrunchBase.
- ^“Mixpanel Raises $65 Million to Build Predictive Data Tech”. The Wall Street Journal. Dec 18, 2014.
- ^“Mixpanel Raises $10.25M Led By Andreessen Horowitz, Now Provides Analytics For Viddy And Path”. TechCrunch. May 10, 2012.
- ^Levy, Ari (2018-04-24). “Twitter’s former ‘Mr. Fixit’ takes over analytics start-up Mixpanel as 29-year-old CEO steps down”. CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-24.