- Acceleo is an open source code generator for Eclipse used to generate any textual language (Java, PHP, Python, etc.) from EMF models defined from any metamodel (UML, SysML, etc.).
- Actifsource is a plugin for Eclipse that allows graphical modelling and model-based code generation using custom templates.
- DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit is a system for defining arbitrary domain specific languages and translating them to other languages.
- GeneXus is a cross-platform, knowledge representation-based development tool, mainly oriented to enterprise-class applications for Web applications, smart devices and the Microsoft Windows platform. A developer describes an application in a high-level, mostly declarative language, from which native code is generated for multiple environments.
- The Maple computer algebra system offers code generators for Fortran, MATLAB, C and Java. Wolfram Language (Mathematica), and MuPAD have comparable interfaces.
- OpenXava is an Open Source Low-Code platform that generates a complete business application from domain classes written with Java.
- OSBP is a software factory provided as Open Source by the Eclipse Foundation. It combines no-code/low-code elements with classic software development. Coding is largely replaced by a descriptive modeling of the desired software, while allowing developers to integrate their own source code. The applications are intended for professional use in companies.
- Spring Roo is an open source active code generator for Spring Framework based Java applications. It uses AspectJ mixins to provide separation of concerns during round-trip maintenance.
- RISE is a free information modeling suite for system development using ERD or UML. Database code generation for MySQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server. Persistence code generation for C# (.NET) and PHP including both SOAP and JSON style web services and AJAX proxy code.
- WaveMaker is an enterprise low-code platform mainly oriented towards core application development and delivery users. The applications created are largely open-standards-based and the tool can be used to generate code in the background by drag and drop visual development.
Screen Sculptor, SoftCode, UI Programmer, and Genifer are examples of program generators that arose during the mid-1980s through the early 1990s and used extendable, template-based source code.
- ^Inc, Ziff Davis (1 August 1986). “PC Mag”. Ziff Davis, Inc. Retrieved 8 November 2017 – via Google Books.
- ^“New Products”. DrDobbs.com. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- ^“ClipX – Nantucket . ISV Directory – Norton Guide”. www.ousob.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- ^Arora, Ashok; Bansal, Shefali (December 2005). Comprehensive Computer and Languages. Firewall Media. p. 41. ISBN 978-81-7008-355-9. Retrieved 19 September 2014. Jenifer is a full-scale code generator that provides a pattern called template, from which the code is generated. After definig screens, menus and reports, Genifer creates the data files, index files and programs.